2002-07-11

Just in... Some transcript from some presidential adress...Demagogy for the masses...

President Bush Admits He Saw the FIRST Plane Hit the World Trade Center ... Statement Raises Many Questions

THE PRESIDENT:
I was in Florida. And my Chief of Staff, Andy Card -- actually, I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident. . . . But I was whisked off there, I didn't have much time to think about it. And I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my Chief of Staff, who is sitting over here, walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower, America is under attack."

[Hagerty comment: Since there was no news broadcast of the first plane hitting the Trade Center, what private channel was Bush watching ... and why was he watching a picture of the Twin Towers on television if he didn't know something was about to happen? ... The link is to the White House website .... better check it before they make this item disappear.
posted by Hagerty 7:07 PM



No comment...
But if you do check out the page read one of the last paragraphs by Mr. Bush, answering a young kid's remarks:
"it all starts with a great wife, you know..." (applause)