2011-12-29

2012 - "I got out of bed for this?"


copyright @Wacondah - photo taken in Dakar, Senegal, December 2011


"I got out of bed for this?"

Serendipity. a field visit to a Dakar slum 3 weeks ago.
This young girl was carrying water from a standpipe.
I felt rather uneasy, as an hour later we were suppose to meet up with the Minister of Water, so we were quite overdressed to go on a field visit.
But someone needs to take those pictures, right?
And someone needs to publish them, comment them.
And before you publish, you review, and that's when I stumbled on this great slogan....

When you look into these kids' eyes,
unfathomable as they are in their beauty.
You understand once again what our job is all about.

I wish her, and all of you and your loved ones, that in 2012
the slogan on this girl's shirt may just reveal itself a little bit more untrue.

Count your blessings. Happy New Year