2002-01-23

metropolitan vision::
excerpt from an email to one of my consiglieris

when i got off the metro station in the 16ième:
you know the drill, fantastic urban environment, beautiful houses and long
boulevards with shady trees, fantastic architecture and that typical bourgeois
french art de vivre
Me, i was enjoying the moment, you know, walking out of the bowels of the
hectic city and finding myself in this very topnotch exclusive surroundings,
ready to go to my friends' beautiful appartment where i was going to take a
refreshing shower (with a view on the eiffel tower: i "moon" the tower every
single day ;-)) and maybe afterwards go for a little tour on rollers...

but then it came to me: we cannot afford to waste soo much time not enjoying
life; it just hit me smack in the face; and a smile came to me...

but then i looked around, and saw nothing but tired parisiens, with a weary
look and a grim expression, sad eyes and hunched shoulders...

so much for my vision, right,
but inside i'm still glowing
and metro visions are still coming